Wednesday, November 26, 2014

The Cellar.

"The Cellar".
By: Natasha Preston.
This novel has 347 pages.
This book caught my attention quickly. Especially since before it became a published book, it was on Wattpad. An online community where anyone and everyone can write their own book.
It's one of the best sites.
As much as this book kept me on the edge of my seat, it was repetitive. 
I wanted to see what would happen but I'd get bored.
One of the thing's that I liked is that some chapters were written in different points of view. Which I really love.
The descriptive words in the book painted a crystal clear imagine, even at times I didn't really want it to.
I recommend this book to girls ages 14 and up!
I give this book a 4 out of 5.

Summary:
Summer is going to a party with her friends. Her boyfriend- Lewis, keeps on telling her that if she wants he could drive her there. Summer declines the offer because nothing ever happens in the town they live.
Summer  disappears without a trace. Everyone is worried sick.
Colin is her kidnapper. He puts her into a cellar with 3 other girls- Rose, Poppy, and Violet. Those aren't their real names. Colin renames the girls as flowers. Summer's new name is Lily.  Even Colin renamed himself-Clover.
Living in the cellar is unimaginable. Colin hates  anything that is dirty. Even if the flowers die, he turns to violence. The girls think he is in need of a family. Everything has to be neat and tidy.
Poppy tried to rebel against Clover. She did not succeed. Her punishment was death. 
Will Summer be rescued?
Will they all rebel together?
Would it work?
Read to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment