Monday, July 21, 2014

The Dare.

"The Dare."
By: Hannah Jayne.
This novel has 265 pages.
I had a love/hate relationship with this book when I was reading it.
The book could have have been much much more. It had a engaging plot and conflict.
In my opinion this book was a little bit too slow passed.
I didn't feel any connection when I was reading this book. And I usually do. Don't get me wrong, I felt sorry for Brynna. But I didn't feel like I really knew her in the sense of what kind of person she was before the tragedy and how she changed after this.
 I never really felt the suspense. I wasn't into the book like I should have been.
I recommend this book to girls ages 12 or 13+.
I give this book a 3 out of 5.

 Summary: 
Brynna is an only child, so she wants friends to be her siblings. And she has a BFF- Erica. Where ever one of the girls was, the other one was right by her side. They were basically twins. 
But one day this changes.
There was a party last summer by the beach. Everyone went and were a little intoxicated. 
But that didn't stop anyone from having fun.
Brynna dared her BFF to jump from the pier into the beach. Erica didn't want to. But a dare is a dare. So Brynna decided that if Erica won't jump alone, both of them will jump. And they jump. But only one came back.
And that was Brynna. Erica was never found. So everyone assumed she was dead. She was even declared dead after three days when she wasn't found.
Brynna has a hard time being the survivor and living with the guilt of daring Erica to jump and Erica never coming back to shore. So she drowns herself into alcohol and drugs. 
But she goes to rehab and gets better. Her family moves and she gets a new start.
That's what she thinks will happen.
But the happiness doesn't last long. It stops when she gets a tweet from "EricaNShaw"- Remember me?
And  she also gets voice mails. She suspects it's Erica. But is it?
Who is not ready to let go of what happened last summer? 
Read to find out!





No comments:

Post a Comment