Friday, June 28, 2013

The Wednesday Wars.

The Wednesday Wars.
By: Gary D. Schmidt.
This book has 264 pages.
I had a very good laugh with this book, it is amazing.
I know that some people might not want to read the book because it has 264 pg. But remember don't judge a book by it's cover.
Because that's what I though in the beginning that I might not want to read because it has so much pages but  I sat done and read it and loved it!!
I have no regrets!
This book even got the Newbery Honor Medal.
I recommend this book to kids ages 10 up.
I give it 5 out of 5!


So Holling Hoodhood has just entered 7th grade and he can tell his teacher hates him the first second she does the attendance.
Why you ask?
Well on Wednesday afternoons at 1:55 he has to spend it alone with his teacher while his classmates take religion classes.
He can feel this will be horrible because she gives him the hardest questions out of the whole class, and make him read Shakespeare plays out of school, ect.
And he has to do it with a smile on his face because if he does not then his fathers business will fail.
So how will Holling survive seventh grade?
Will  Mrs.Baker become nicer to him?
Or maybe Holling just thinks Mrs.Baker is mean to him?
Read to see what happens!
See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment