Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Maniac Magee.

Maniac Magee. 
By: Jerry Spinelli 

Fantastic book! It has no pictures except the cover but, it does not hurt the book at all!
I recommend this book from 13 years of age up.
It has 184 pages. But don't let the number fool you because the text is normal size but the pages are small. I personally read it in 2 or 3 days. 25 minutes each day!
It has moments that want to make laugh and cry!
I especially love this book because the author is Jerry Spinelli! (one of my favorite!)
I give this book 5 out of 5!
It even won the NEWBERRY Award!


The summary:
Jeffrey  Magee was a normal type of kid he had a house, a mother, a father.
Until one horrible day his parents die in a car accident.
He went to live with his aunt and uncle. But they hated each other, so they had 2 of everything. But Jeffery could not take it anymore. So he ran away!
Now he has no home, no anything, just him self.
So some of his adventures are: he overtakes a bully, lives with the buffalo's, untangles a knot that nobody can.
Goes on the East End were white people cant go, but he did.
I don't want to give out too much information but it's pretty much about his adventures!
You should definitely read this book!
Trust me!!
See you next time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment